Rained On, Low Holed, Flooded Out, And Fogged In.

 

It was a tad cooler this morning when I got up at 6:00am, and I opened all the windows that had screens to get in some fresh air and to help the window AC out. Got wringing wet again doing yard work, came in, and took a shower, then sat down at the tying table, (actually it's an old watchmakers bench), and ground out another half dozen sulfurs. After "almost" completing a Wednesday NYT crossword and screwing up a Thursday Sudoku, I made two sandwich's, (lunch and dinner), added six Hershey kisses, two Gatorades, and ice, (forgot to put the blue cold packs in the freezer last night), to the little soft pack cooler, and at 11:30 was "Ready to go." 

Drove up to Deposit, yet again,  and found, from the road, what I thought was an empty pool. Alas, the guide who I have encountered every time I have fished there, (3xs), was there again. It's a pool where you can fish either side, and on the previous occasions we each took a side, and when the guide was done with his side he rowed on down stream. There was pleasant conversation and all was well. Today, however, things changed, when he was done with "his side", he rowed over and anchored in the lower part of the pool I was fishing, a little close but sorta ok. Next thing I knew he back rowed up within a short cast from me and his sport started casting at fish I could have easily reached. When the 1:30 T-storm hit I left and got to the car just before the wind and rain hit, saw the two of them trying to put up umbrellas in the wind, and then they disappeared. When the rain let up and I could see fish rising, I headed back out only to see them row back and anchor right where I was fishing. He didn't offer to give me back the spot.

It was my plan all along to go over to the UEB to see if there was any evening fishing. Left Deposit about 4:30 and made the drive only to find that the creek that comes in at Harvard was gushing mud that made the lower UEB unfishable. Drove back to Deposit and fished in the fog. There were tiny olives, bigger olives, isos and sulfurs, all in modest numbers, but enough bugs to get some fish feeding, most of which would at least give you a look. When the bugs slowed down and the fog thickened I quit and headed for Lordville, dodging deer along the way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!