Who Knows, Where Or When?


In the "Cold Blow From Out Of The North" page, I said that when Jean and I drove by the red barn there were hordes of anglers, and I assumed they were fishing to a hatch of sulfurs like I was, down at barking dog. When Ed Smith said he fished a sparse sulfur hatch at the red barn and there weren't many anglers there, I began to wonder.

Left a river full of sulfurs and rising trout, (a Troutfitter regular had had his way with them yesterday, and in 45 minutes of fishing today, I got one eight inch rainbow to eat my fly), and drove up river in search of the missing sulfurs. Never found them. There were sulfurs but as Ed Smith said, it was a modest hatch at best. When I got a couple of refusals, I put on an olive, (thanks Ed), and caught two nice rainbows. At 2:30 it was as dead as a road killed porcupine, and I retreated to the Lordville Estate to gather my strength for the evening fishing.

At 6:30, still not convinced, I tried the run across from the blue stone plant. Again there were but a few sulfurs and not another fisherman in sight. Caught four fish, (three of which were drop down hatchery trout from Oquaga), tucked my tail between my legs, and returned to where hordes of sulfurs are being hoarded by only God knows who. Ended the day on a positive note by landing two 18 inch browns and a very hot rainbow that measured 17.

It appears that A-119 moved the Dorothea's farther upstream than they wanted to go. Perhaps tomorrow they will be at the red barn in numbers but it obviously is not a sure thing. My apologies if my drive by assumption resulted in any of  you having a "bad trip".  Rest assured that the sulfurs are on there way.

Note -If you go to, Following the Dorothea Hatch.com, and type in your tracking number they will be able to tell you precisely where the apex of the hatch is currently located.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!