I've Got Better Things To Do.

 

It's hot again. I must have read the forecast wrong yesterday because the 86 degree day with thunderstorms is scheduled for Wednesday. The BK, EB, and BR will all be over 70 degrees tomorrow and probably until Thursday. Do both the fish and yourself a favor and fish either the UEB or the WB.

Am trying to get the yard mowed and the fishing camp cleaned up, as Jean and I will be flying down to Florida to visit our daughter, and watch our grand daughter play in a volleyball tournament. We leave on Thursday and will return on Sunday. Will probably fish tomorrow and then head home on Tuesday to can some peaches before we depart.

Didn't leave to fish until after five-thirty. It wasn't because I was too busy, just felt the time was better spent taking a nap and screwing up a sudoku. There are a few bugs up in Deposit but I'm just tired of fishing there, and the freestones were too warm for me to fish. Could have gone back and fished the lower section of the WB where there have been olives, (and sometimes ants), late, but I decided to fish the BR up high where the WB side is plenty cold enough.

The fishing - It is but a shadow of what it was in May, June, and July. My August total of fish caught will be about half of what I caught in each of the previous three months. The summer sulfurs are gone. The cold water, cloudy day loving olives are ready and willing but global warming says "Not yet." Strangely the fall Isos, which usually make their appearance in mid August, have also been absent. Hopefully on my return from Florida things will have changed for the better. 

How'd I do? - As well as can be expected. Saw not a single Iso and not another bug of any kind until after 8:00. Walking back upstream towards the car I saw a few of the size 16 olives. In the two hours I fished, I rose about 10 fish on an assortment of flies, hooked and landed five. The four "counters" were all between 11 and 13 inch rainbows. Never saw a fish rise except to my flies.

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!