Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

 


To say the Delaware  is a hard river to figure is an understatement. Yesterday was an overcast day that had fishermen thinking olives. Turned out the water was probably too warm for olives and too cold for sulfurs, in short, a dud. Today the air temp was a little cooler, (I think), with a mix of sun and clouds and the sulfurs, (both yesterdays and todays), hatched. The fish? At least where I was, went nuts, threw caution to the wind, and ate everything that came down their feeding lane, both with and without hooks.

Heard from two sources that the sulfur hatch at the red barn was also very good today. If my last report on the red barn sulfurs was erroneous, blame it on Ed who has been in Hawaii for the last two weeks, (hence no reliable red barn reports).

The fishing mid-day was so good, and the number of fishermen in the "Zone", (it's Friday afternoon), so high, that I decided to fish down river during the evening hours. Fished a pool in the middle section from 6:30 until 8:15. There were some small olives, a few sulfurs and an occasional large light colored may fly. Saw a few fish rise and got five to come to my fly. Two refused, three ate, and I landed one. Got back in the car at 8:20 and drove down to the lower section. Got in the water at 8:35, way too early. It was dead. Never did see bugs, it was too dark when they came, but the fish started to rise and they weren't fussy about what they ate. Hooked and landed a couple of 17 inch browns and one about 13. Was back in the car at 9:22.

Tonight I'm celebrating my best day of the year, the day after my worst day since mid June.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!