I Had Other Things To Do.


Today held little promise as a fishing day for me. Why? Syracuse was playing at noon today and the game would last the entire time that I saw hatching bugs yesterday. I've been away for a week and the lawn has to be mowed. Needed to clean out the accumulation of empty boxes and other detritus that has accumulated in the garage over the summer by making a dump run, and with October 1st just around the corner, I needed to pay a visit to Marino's and get my archery tag. With a light mist falling I took care of the dump trip and the archery license before the game. Thankfully it was dry enough, post game, to get the yard mowed. 

At five o'clock I was ready to go fishing. Stopped at Junction Pool, (if you're wondering, sometime I capitalize things and sometimes I don't, there's no rhyme or reason to it, if Mrs. Haskins isn't looking, it's fun to make up your own rules), two fisherpersons were leaving and the one just walking out of the river said he hadn't seen a rise in two hours. There was also a good breeze blowing upstream, I left. The second choice had three anglers in it. Third spot had rising fish and two boats anchored right beside the risers. The fourth stop had neither wade fishermen, drift boats, bugs, or fish, but I gave it a try.

How'd I do?  As well as I could have possibly hoped for. There were almost no bugs hatching. Even though I was in the bottom third of the WB, it was quite cloudy, (not the sky, the water), saw nothing for half an hour, then saw some tiny sips that just may have been good fish subtilty taking the menagerie of tiny dead insects matter floating by. Put on one of my littlest string things and they just couldn't leave it alone. In a half an hour I hooked at least seven fish and landed five, unfortunately they were all less than ten inches long. Some nights there's just nothing on the menu to tempt a big fish to even come to the table.

If you're here, (and quite a few of you are), know that there are lots of fish in the river, at certain times of the day there are bugs hatching and the fish will be feeding. All you have to do is be there at the right time and give them the fly they want.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!