I See A Bad Moon A Rising

 

Mowed the lawn this Morning, it took an extra fifteen minutes because it had grown so much since last Tuesday. Spent almost an hour trying to lend order to my fishing vest. Too many boxes and the drakes are still not on board, fun times.

With the bright sunshine I reluctantly headed for Deposit where I found one of the Troutfitter regulars stocking up on flies, (he did not buy a pair of scissors). Took my time getting to the stream and at about 2:00, found lots of caddis, some Hendricksons, and rising fish. 

Fished my way around a small island and didn't have a single boat, or fisherman to contend with. There were boats and fishermen to be sure but not the madness that was last week. The rising fish ate enough of my offerings, (caddis and Hendricksons), to make the afternoon a success. With the bright sun, I was in no hurry to get to my evening destination. Fished a pool on the EB in the bright sun. Rose fish on each of my first two casts, (both refusals), and then fished forty-five minutes just to prove what a fluke the first two casts were.

My last stop of the day was at one of my favorite places. It's not full of fish, but there are more than enough there to keep me entertained. Yes, there is boat traffic, but when I fish there, the boats have usually gone by. The water there is still a little high for comfortable wading but I was able to reach enough fish to keep me occupied. There was no one within half a mile, the toads were singing, the near full moon was rising and I made a bad decision. When I got there, there were fish rising in the tail out of the pool above the riff. I walked down to the run below the riff, had bugs, fish willing to eat, and just when it probably really got going down there, I headed back up to the tail out where I caught three fall fish that never saw a fly they didn't like.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!