Yes, The Toads Are Singing!

 My schedule this week is a muddled mess. I have two things written on my calendar for the month of May, both are this Tuesday. The meeting at FUDR about the work on the pipeline starts at 10:00 and my physical exam is in Syracuse at 1:00. Will not be able to attend the meeting at FUDR. If anyone goes, please provide us with an update in the comments section.

Drove down after a second grandson's graduation party. Enjoyed chatting with son Rick who runs the Syracuse Troutfitter, our daughter-in-law, and both grandchildren, but 81 year old arses don't handle hard wooden picnic table benches as well as they use to. Was on the road by four and drove right on by Deposit and Hancock, (been in the company of more than enough people and boats lately).

Saw the first ragged robin in the ditches around Binghamton on the way down. It's the precursor of the drake hatch. Tried four pools. One was occupied by three people and I dnf, the others had but one fishermen (me), bugs, rising fish, and, yes, singing toads. For only the second time this year, the later it got, the better the fishing was. It was the rainbows time to shine but I did land a brown that was picture worthy if I hadn't left the cell phone in the car.

What to do? Get yourself on the river system, right now, it doesn't matter where. The fish are everywhere. March Browns and Gray Foxes have been hatching for a while now. Invaria were what got the fish up tonight. Stones, Green and Brown Drakes and Isos will all hatch within the next two weeks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

All my life's a circle.

Don't let that that rain come down.