The Week That Was!

 

It's 9:30, I just sat down with my Perfect Manhattan and it's a celebratory one. There is no easy way for me to check, but this might well have been the best week I've ever had on the Delaware river system. Today the water on the east side had dropped enough for me to fish there and there was no way I was going to fish anywhere else. Fished for three hours without seeing a boat or another angler. In the first forty-five minutes I was three for seven, (O for three vs the 'bows). Things settled down after that and I ended up well above 50%, with all of the fish being fat as pigs, well rested, and a good number of them, more than I could handle.

I'm older than I used  to be (isn't everyone) so at 4:30, when I returned to the car, I decided to drive around for a while, rest up, and fish 7:00 'til dark. Never saw a single boat or fisherman during the drive. Saw quite a few rising fish in relatively hard, (not by any means impossible), places to get to. At 5:30 I headed back towards Hancock.  

When you're older, everyday is a holiday and I just plain forgot that today was Friday. I planned on "selecting" a place to fish the last couple of hours of daylight. Couldn't even find a place where there was room to park the car, let alone fish. Hopefully everyone here for the weekend had to turn in all weapons at the county line. 

Chatted with a river friend I hadn't seen yet this year. Which reminds, me. If you see me and want to chat, fine, but please start the conversation with "Hi I'm ___. I'm old and there's just so many names and numbers anyone can remember. When you get to be my age that is a very low number. It embarrasses me not to know peoples names, help me out. 

Stood watching the water go by at 8:00, with nothing hatching and decided to head for the Lordville Estate and call it a night. Stopped on the bridge at Lordville and saw a rise just downstream. Drove down under the bridge and the lot was full. Parked where, hopefully, no one would hit me, and headed for the rising trout. There were four risers. Turns out one was a fall fish, I know 'cause I caught all of them. Added  17, 19, and 20 inch browns to my tally for the day, hence the celebratory PM. Hope everyone did as well.     

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!