The Beat Goes On.

 

Was slow to get going this morning, didn't get up until 7:30. Had breakfast, did the sudoku and crossword puzzles, watered the garden, came back in and tried to lend order to the sulfur duns. The spring sulfurs are all but dun and the summer sulfurs have just begun. Both share the same box and it needs work. The spring sulfurs are a bit worse for the fish they have caught and the summer sulfurs have not been touched since last August, (until last night). Repaired a couple, tied half a dozen, and took a nap. Awoke at 12:30, made lunch and took another hour to get myself in the car to go fishing. 

Drove up to Stilesville on route 8 and then came down River Road just to see what was happening up there. The fishermen that didn't come yesterday, and the ones that were planning on coming today all converged on the area, as did a flotilla of boats. I never really slowed down, completed the big upriver loop at the Troutfitter and went in and had a nice chat with Dave and Mike, the cop. Don't know when I left the shop but I did the lower loop, (to Hale Eddy), and came back to Deposit without finding a place to fish that wasn't crammed full of fishermen. Finally settled on a couple of "C" places where I managed to catch four fish, the biggest a 13 incher that dwarfed the other three 11 inchers. At around 6:00, I was finishing up the "afternoon" fishing when I ran into the legendary rock and roll expert, Ed Smith and his son-in-law who were done fishing and getting ready to leave for home. I urged them to stay, but they had been fishing since noon and had a long drive ahead of them.

After they left I drove downstream in anticipation of both a sulfur hatch and a sulfur spinner fall, and they both happened. Didn't fish as well as I did last night when I hardly lost a fish but there was a nice hatch of sulfurs and a good spinner fall that kept me from getting back to the car, until 9:40, (which is the latest return time of the year).

Drove back to the Lordville Estate with a smile on my face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

All my life's a circle.

Don't let that that rain come down.