For Sure, I'm No Tout.

 

Left at 6:30 Friday morning and spent an enjoyable two days up at Saratoga with a neighborhood friend I've known for over seventy years. He has assembled a small group of investors who have recently joined forces with one or more other groups of investors, to purchase what the I consider to be a rather expensive horse. From what I can determine my friends group own the horse's dock and skirt.

We met at the horse barn at 9:00 am and watched the trainer's strings of horses being ridden over to the track, exercised, brought back to the barn, hot walked, bathed and returned to their stalls with a bundle of hay to munch on. My friends horse is scheduled to debut this week. Hopefully her "skirt" crosses the finish line ahead of all other horses in the race.

For the record - came out $.20 cents ahead the first day and $11.00 in the hole on day two.

Drove down to the Lordville Estate late this afternoon with threatening skies but little rain until Hancock. Drove through a downpour from there to Lordville. Unpacked the car and at six-thirty I drove up the PA side, (the bridge on Lordville Road, scheduled for completion last Friday is not done), tribs were high and muddy, no bugs at either Buckingham or Shehawken. Was going to try to fish at Shehawken but the rumbling thunder, (severe thunderstorm warnings until 10:00), changed my mind. Am back at the fishing camp hoping the rain stayed below Hancock so that there is fishing tomorrow.    


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!