Maybe Tomorrow - - -

 

I really don't even want to write about it. If the fish refuse to play the game, they shouldn't get any ink. It was dreadful, easily the worst day since early April. Cold wind, rising pressure be dammed, you had bugs to eat, lots of them, and none of you even came to the table, let alone ate.

The fishing - Where I was stunk. I fished the BK, EB, and WB. There were bugs,(olives of various sizes) both duns and spinners and the water was covered with them from five 'til dark and the fish just couldn't be bothered. Caught a nice 17 inch rainbow about 3:30 and never saw a fish over ten inches for the rest of the day.

While I'm at it, I might just as well let you know about Mother Nature. When a front comes through, you know the wind is going to blow, but it's supposed to lay down with the sun. Well, I guess it did, but a half hour before quitting time, with bugs all over the water, it started to blow again and over the hill came the rain. It sent me and all the other assembled anglers running for our cars. Once again my vest was outside my raincoat and is soaking wet. If Mother Nature expects help from me on the global warming front, she better play fair when I'm on the trout stream.        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!