Every Day I Get To Fish Is Special!


Spent the morning filling another five gallon bucket with apples , (which went directly onto the screened in porch), shot the bow, (didn't find the missing arrow,but shot well), finished my blind alteration/repair project, vacuumed, (put two c's, one u and one m in on the first try), up the grass I tracked into the house from yesterday's mowing, did the breakfast dishes, and presto, it was time to have lunch.

Encouraged by yesterday's good hatch of bugs, and the resulting good fishing, I decided to fish another section of the BR today. It's a longer walk, so I left about 1:00, two hours earlier than yesterday. I needn't have bothered. With the sun beating down from a cloudless sky, I was hot and sweaty by the time I got to the chosen pool. Apparently the bugs had been told by their parents to stay out of the sun because, while there was an assortment of bugs hatching, they fell far short of the numbers necessary to get the fish up and feeding like yesterday.

How'd I do?  You be the judge. Caught the exact same number of fish as yesterday, Today the fish were mostly 11 to 13 inchers. Yesterday the smallest fish was 13 inches. Yesterday most of the fish rose before I cast to them.Today the majority of fish were hooked on "blind  casts".

My vote- A tie. It was exciting to see both the bugs and rising fish and to catch some really nice rainbows yesterday. Today I was in a beautiful, remote part of the river, it was good to see so many smaller fish, (our future fishing depends on successful year classes of fish), and, at my age, it was satisfying just to be able to make the trip, let alone catch some fish when they weren't waving a flag saying here I am. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!