If You Bury An Arrow, Will It Grow Roots And Produce More Arrows?

 

It's fall, no matter what the calendar says. Except for the two fawns that live in the backyard, all the deer in Lordville are proudly wearing their new winter coats. The orphaned fawn of last year is sporting his one, three inch long horn, sans the velvet,the sun is in your eyes all day long, the goldenrod and fall asters are in bloom, there's space behind the hills, and at least today, the fishing was over before dark.

Spent the morning mowing the lawn, tying a half dozen caddis, and shaking down a five gallon pail full of apples. Set the bucket on the porch steps, put out the archery target and shot the bow. Moving from twenty to thirty yards I buried an arrow in the grass when I used the 20 yard pin at 30 yards, ($hit happens when you're over 80). If I'd gotten a job at Mickey D's, I could have purchased a dozen arrows in the time I spent unsuccessfully, (why do you have to double the c's, s's and l's), trying to find the short shot. Finally said "Oh dear, I guess it's just lost", and went fishing.

The fishing - For once there was some. Went downstream to the next metropolitan area with a traffic light and fished the BR. I was the only one doing so. There were bugs, no, not isos, stenos, (I think), 14's with a greenish body and light gray wings, not a lot, but enough so the fish were up eating them, and if you saw a rise and waded over, the fish would rise again, and if you made a good cast he would rise yet again. Nine of them did, one has a fly in his mouth, the other eight were netted, measured and let go. It was a really nice day to be on the water.

Returned home in the daylight and went out on the back porch to throw out a few apples. I bet you forgot about the five gallon bucket I left on the porch steps, just like I did. Strange thing, it was now on the ground, tipped over with not a single apple left in it. I won't tell you what I told the seven deer that came running when they heard the porch door open, (we don't want to lose our "G" rating).       

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!