How High's The Water Momma?

 

Hats off to the grammarian who works tirelessly in the background to improve our end product here at A-119. Found a record five errors in yesterday's offering. I didn't get up until 7:45 so unfortunately, I had no chance to proofread my work in the morning, (as I usually do), let alone white out the errors the grammarian found before David at the Troutfitter posted it. 

There were two bright spots in an otherwise difficult day of fishing. The first came when I was walking through the knotweed from a pool on the BK to my car.  I encountered Ed S., one of our highly esteemed Assoc. Eds., (can you put a period before a comma?), (Mrs. Haskins is tearing her hair out, 'cause I just did it twice). We had a nice chat, (there was no hurry to get back into the stream), and before we were finished, a blog reader pulled in and identified us both, (sadly he never asked either of us for our autograph). Without insulting anyone who was present, there was over two hundred years of experience in the conversation and we unanimously agreed that the fishing left quite a bit to be desired. We all thought that quite possibly the recent high water, (flood), adversely affected the bug population. Clearly the tricos and isos hatches have been reduced. At about 5:45 we said time to go fishing, and we all headed in different directions.

The second bright spot came in the dark on the Lordville Bridge, (not the one that is STILL closed on Lordville Road, but the one that lets me cross the river to get to the fishing camp. You guessed it, the Lordville fox was out for a stroll on the bridge. He ran over and "hid" under the guardrail. He didn't have the week old sandwich I tossed up under the apple tree with him so he must have been crossing from Pa to NY to pick it up.

The fishing - I've used up my bright spots, four fish, largest a 14 inch brown.

 Of note - The release from Pepacton has been stepped up to 600cfs. I assume it will continue at this level until the Pepacton reservoir is down to the level they want before finishing the leak repair under the Hudson River. Had the good fortune after the meeting, to turn up rte. 30 for a look see, and saw a fish rising. Waded in and saw olives and more rising fish. Crossed over thinking I was getting old, (I am), as the wading seemed more difficult than I remembered it. Caught three fish and lost two more before things shut down. Walked back upstream on a path that was under water, (it was bone dry an hour earlier on the way down), and carefully crossed back to the car in much higher water than when I got there. (Jean, it wasn't the least bit scary).

The high, ice cold, water on the UEB will bring a flock of boats throwing streamers. There will be olives at sometime during the afternoon /evening. Be careful wading. I'll try to let you know if the release has a positive impact on either the EB or the BR.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!