70 Degrees Feels A Little Chilly To Me.

 

The trip down to Florida and back went without a hitch. Saw three volleyball games, and watched the team eat eight pounds of bacon, four dozen sausage patties, one hundred and twenty eggs, too many pancakes to count, five quarts of juice, and a mountain of fresh fruit at our daughter's house Saturday morning. Unfortunately they lost all three matches in the tournament (the last two in five sets). They were playing without their best right side hitter the entire match, and for reasons I couldn't fathom, one of  their two best outside hitters for seven of the ten games in the two five set matches. On the bright side, our granddaughter Logan made the all tournament team.

Arrived at the Lordville Estate at 2:00 this afternoon after taking care of neglected items at home, stopping at BJ's for food, Home Depot for several items, and back home for the things I forgot. The Lordville Road bridge is still not finished, (thank God I didn't go 97). Put my food and clothes away, and said it's a high pressure day, windy, with too much sun. Went out and picked the last of the peaches and caught up on the Syracuse vs Ohio football game news. At 5:00, I went fishing.

Had no choice but to drive up the PA side once again. Stopped at Buckingham just as a boat was pulling in. The guide volunteered that the day, lets say, "Was not quite what he hoped it would be", ie no bugs. Jettisoned my plan to try the big river, and headed for the BK. Found there was no getting out of the wind, BUT there were bugs, not a lot, but Isos and Hebes for sure, and a few rising fish. From 5:30 until 8:00 when the game was called on account of darkness, I hooked seven fish and landed five. The best fish, landed, was on the last blind cast just before I picked up the fly, (a 16 inch rainbow). A little earlier a fish smashed another blind cast just as I was picking it up. Didn't break off then, but about 10 seconds later the fish was jumping upstream from me with both the six x and five x tippet in his mouth, ( fluorocarbon does cut through monofilament leaders). From the looks I got of him on the jumps, he was another hot 15/16 inch rainbow, not the monster I thought he was on the take.

Judging from the number of people fishing on the last day of a holiday weekend, the fishing has been tough. The nights are predicted to be cold, if we get enough cloud cover during the days, things should pick up again. I'll let you know.     

       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!