A Good Bad Day.

 

People often ask me where I'm going to fish, and I usually tell them I don't know. Sure, I have an idea where I want to fish, but if someone else is already fishing there I go someplace else. For the past two weeks there have been consistent hatches that got fish up on the river system. Some places the hatches started at 1:00pm and some places they started at 3:30pm. I even gave you the times in the reports.

Today, I had occasion to talk with three river friends, and was so confident that the bugs would hatch when and where they had been hatching that I told all three people when and where to fish. I will never do that again. Why? Both the bugs and the fish took the day off. I mean there was nothing happening as far as I could determine, any where. Talked with numerous fishermen and guides that came down the river. No bugs, no risers, and no fish, except for one boat that "caught a couple on streamers in the fog this morning" and one wader that "caught a couple on nymphs". To their credit, two of my advisees left their recommended spots and the last I heard did nothing at their own chosen places, which made me feel a tad bit better.

The good part. Got to share river time with a couple of friends, one old and the other new. Saw a young eagle fly down the river, was able to quit early enough to get the rest of my lawn mowed, learned once again how little I really know about fly-fishing, and lastly, how enjoyable a time you can have sharing the river with fellow fishermen even when the fish and bugs don't show up.    











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!