STOP Right Now Before You Go Any Further

 Hopefully everyone understands that basically I enjoy writing the reports, but that the summer sulfur season is a challenge. There are only three miles of stream in play, one bug hatching, lots of fishermen, tough fish, (thankfully they are HUGE this year), and a writer trying to make it sound interesting for six to eight weeks. Fortunately Jim Dygert and Dave Garlock bailed me out today. STOP right now and go back to yesterday's report and read their comments, we'll wait.  - - - -Everyone back?

I do remember the RR service road. Had a van back then and Jean and I drove the service road from above Hale Eddy down through the gamelands. We also drove the service road from Stockport all the way to Lordville. We were a bit younger then and had been camping out in the van up in the Adirondacks for years. There were pulloffs along the tracks, one of which was below Buckingham next to what I called the River House pool. The pulloff was on a bend in the tracks, we fished the River House pool, went back to the van and went to sleep. It was a hot night and we left the two back doors open. Sometime during the night a train came rumbling down the tracks and because of the bend, it looked like it was coming right into the van. Jean sat up and alertly closed the  doors. When I asked why? She, still half asleep, said she didn't want it coming in. 

The access Jim Dygert talks about was closed because a fisherman, in broad daylight, while leaving the river, drove into the side of a train. The load of stone was dumped on the access the next day. Within a couple of years all public access to the RR service road was closed. 

The fishing - Is the same as it's been since the first of the month. I was hemmed in this afternoon, fished very well to catch three fish. Got a prime spot this evening and landed five out of six. Smallest fish was a 14 inch two year old rainbow, (first two or three year old I've caught all week). The fishermen during the week are mostly retirees and there were probably less than 50 of them in the Sulfur Zone today.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

Don't let that that rain come down.