I Can't Get No Satisfaction - - -

 Returned to the Lordville Estate today, in part because I'd gotten several major tasks out of the way at home, in part because I didn't want to deal with Memorial Day traffic tomorrow, and in part because I just plain missed the fishing. The first two are done deals. The third may turn out not to be true. Arrived early enough to mow the grass, (again), before watching CC and the women's national team seemingly shoot beach balls at a hoop the size of a tea strainer, (look that up you Gen Zers).

Left the fishing camp a bit after four, tried two spots on the EB, (no bugs and high water), Bk was too high to fish and the UEB was too crowded, did a U-turn and drove over to the WB which was surprisingly uncrowed. Picked a spot in the middle section with no anglers in sight, hoping to luck out like Michigan. 

Entered the water at 7:00 with the sun shining on just the top of the hills on the far side of the stream. Stood on shore for five minutes swatting mosquitoes, without seeing a bug or a rise. By seven thirty there were olives, spinners, and rising fish, (quite a few of all three). Some of the fish were no more than fifteen feet away. Unfortunately, I had to throw over their basks and they just wouldn't eat my flies. Hooked, (and lost), one and then nothing. Changed flies fout times, smaller, spinners, one I could see, and then just walked up towards the car where I saw three more riser. Put the first two down with one cast each, thankfully a 10 inch rainbow ate the third cast and was landed. The way things are going, if the skunk is patient he'll get his due.

The good news - Between what has shown up on the porch screens, and the olives I have see the last two times I was on the water, there is hope. We need the water to drop to wade able levels, and a few cloudy days would help, but when the bugs are hatching the fish are feeding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

Don't let that that rain come down.

I Got This Funny Feeling, That We'll All Get Together Again.