The Truth, The Whole Truth, Not A Word Of A Lie.

It's Friday morning and I just checked the Thursday fishing report. Was surprised to find a post from a new contributor who claims to have read my reports for the past five weeks. Says, "he couldn't disagree more with what I am saying" and that "he finds it comical that I am swaying anglers to stop fishing due to my findings". He also said typically you can rely on the last 45 minutes before dark to get some good bugs and fish taking note of them, (which is true).

As many readers are aware, I have posted reports for the past eleven years, always striving to paint an accurate picture of the fishing conditions on the river system. I checked back over the 28 reports since August 15th when I quit the Sulfur Zone. Thirteen of the reports pertained to my experience fishing the olive hatches on the UEB and WB and tell of both my success and lack thereof. They told of the absence of bugs during the bright sunny days and that on those days the olive fishing was in the evening. The reports also told anglers to look for cloudy, overcast, rainy days and try to be here then.  
 
It's my goal in the reports to help anglers make good decisions on when to come and what to expect when they get here. In one report I said I wouldn't drive over an hour to fish the evening hatch. Living in Lordville I've fished it many nights. The reports also suggest looking for a weather prediction that shows cloudy rainy weather before booking a room for an overnight stay. 

Anglers who live in Deposit and Hancock don't need my advice, most know what's hatching and where and when to fish. The reports are intended to inform fishermen, who are facing multiple hour drives each way, what they can reasonably expect when they get here. At the present time very few people are fishing the Delaware system. Why? Because the fishing is difficult and everyone knows it. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from coming, my intent is to increase their chances of success when they do come. 

If the new poster has a vested interest in the fishermen on the river, (guide, outfitter, fly shop  or motel owner), he might try issuing his own "truth trout" report telling people that although wading levels are ideal, the silt in the WB obscures the bottom at least down to the game lands making wading more dangerous and that wade fishermen should be sure to bring a wading staff. He might also provide suggestions on how to pass the time until the magic 45 minutes just before dark. If on the other hand, the new poster doesn't have a horse in the race, why in the world is he trying to get more people crowded into the river he purports to be fishing every night.

As an aside - I spend five days a week at my fishing camp in Lordville (which in reality is a tiny Sears package home from the '20s that had been left vacant for two years before my purchase in 1991. My wife Jean says not everyone gets my sense of humor and my factitious naming of it the "Lordville Estate" is probably a prime example of what she is talking about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

Don't let that that rain come down.

I Got This Funny Feeling, That We'll All Get Together Again.