Wind Knots And Tailing Loops

 

There have been a dearth of questions this year which cuts down on the need for my weekend Wind Knots pages. Some commentors have also been good enough to jump in with  answers so that the question is promptly answered. Thanks to those who have helped out in this manner.

Thanks to Jack and Chris for their reports on the proposed repair work. Sounds like a much more sensible way to get to the desired water level without unduly affecting the fishermen and the local economy.

Dennis wanted to know about the Partridge Trail on the BE. It's a trail that has been opened up along the river using the old railroad bed. It runs along Partridge Island. There is one good pool I know of on the side of the island near the trail but most of the success I've had there has been on the other side of the island. The walk along the old train track should be of interest to mycologists as whenever I've walked it, the areas on either side of the trail and the river bank have been covered with all kinds of mushrooms.

Brian wanted to know about tiny white flies he saw on the upper WB. I was upstream from you that night. Saw what I'm sure were the same flies and hooked two fish on the closest thing I had (a tiny little fuzz ball 22). Switched to a Hendrickson shortly thereafter and fished it right through a heavy spinner fall as the fish were quite happy eating it.

Darryl Bogart asked that I write another book while praising "A Season On The Delaware" as a good reference book. Darryl - I already did a second book "Upping Your Game", it, like my first offering is a  seasons worth of blog pages and reader comments. 

I often refer to my fishing logs to remind me of what was hatching where and when. For those of you making trips to the river the books will give you a good idea of what should be hatching during the time period when you will be fishing. You can get the book at either of the Troutfitter shops or directly from Amazon.

Jim N. - Filled up the tank at Costco's after my physical on Tuesday up in Syracuse and again on Thursday evening. At about $50.00 a pop it's much cheaper than a day in a drift boat, I can go upstream with ease and I don't have to row, pull the anchor or trailer the boat. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!