1:30 to 5:30 Was Good enough For Me.

 

With clear skies, bright sun, and the temp rocketing up into the eighties, I headed for Deposit. Had a haircut appointment at Vicki's at 12:30 and rather than drive back to Lordville afterwords, I pestered Dave at the Troutfitter until about 1:30, and then set out to find a place to fish. It's been relatively quiet up there for the past two weeks, and most of the boats were further downstream. 

First place I pulled over to look at the river there were sulfurs on the water and rising fish. Parked the car, put on my waders and vest and had at 'em. It was a good sulfur hatch followed by big olives (grannoms?), and then by isos. Also saw several march browns and gray foxes. The fish haven't been pressured as much in the Deposit area lately and had perhaps let their guard down a bit, I did my best to remind them to look before they eat. Headed back to the fishing camp at 5:30 to water the garden and close my eyes for a bit.

Woke up at 7:30. It was my plan to head over to the EB and get in an evening of fishing before the coming heat wave shut things down, (perhaps until fall). Checked the water temps and cancelled the plan, one bright sunny day this time of year can play havoc with the water temps. Decided to go back up to Deposit and look for spinners and I found 'em. Alas no enough of them to qualify for an hours d'oeuvre for a twelve inch fish. Stood in the water from eight until nine saw one splashy rise along the far bank and heard one glup somewhere upstream from where I was standing. Didn't even have to reel it in as the fly never left the hook keeper.

On margin it was a very good day, just wished I'd skipped the last round trip from Lordville to Deposit and back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!