Aren't You Glad I Didn't Say "Don't Come" Yesterday.

 

Before I even get started I want to give a big shout out to DENNIS 2, and I'm going to tell you why.

Started the day by bringing in my olive box from the car. Pulled all of the flies out of their little slots, sorted them into three piles.The yes, no, and maybes. I then starting putting the yeses back in the box. Sorted through the maybes and found slots in the box for some of them. The nos, (some brand new, never fished), went into one of those little round Troutfitter boxes, their fate yet to be determined.

 Tied a few olives to fill up the shortest lines in the box and presto, it was time to resume my attack on the peaches. The deer know what I'm doing and they must think I'm doing it for them, because as soon as the first peaches hit the ground they are right there under the tree eating them almost as fast as I'm sending them down. Have one tree finished, one about 3/4 done and one as yet untouched, (except where the deer have jumped up and pulled the  branches down).

The fishing - Monday I fished the BR for two hours and never rose a fish, or even saw a rise. I was surprised, because when the water temp gets down in the low 60's the bugs usually come and the fish feed, (maybe they did after I left). Anyway, today I had no intention of returning to the BR, until I read Dennis 2's report, which was done after an ass kicking that only the DR can give, (we all know and feel your pain Dennis 2). After reading the report, I decided to at least give the BR a try. Not sure when the waders went on, but as usual they never came off. I fished two places on the BR, was passed by one boat, (they were 1 for 3, and at the time, I was 0 for 3). I started off by hooking a fish, and having the line get caught on my fly float bottle, the fish has a souvenir, so do, to the best of my recollection, at least four others. The bugs came, the fish fed, and I was into hot screaming rainbows from whenever I started, until I got back to the car at 9:28. Never got close to landing half the fish I hooked, and it didn't bother me a bit, (well maybe I did utter the word "excrement" two or three times).

It was a great day to be alive!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!