Wind Knots And Tailing Loops.

 

It's been almost two weeks since the last Wind Knots post and to my surprise there have been several questions.

Kirk S. - If you read my June first post, you will probably realize that you also encountered the "Hatch from Hell", (tiny little black caddis).

Ed S. Reported lots of iso husks on the BK streamside rocks. They have been hatching on the BK downstream from Horton for at least two weeks.The heaviest hatch is no doubt over but they will continue to hatch sporadically most of the summer, with the hatch intensifying again in late August or early September. If the water is warm, the hatch occurs very late, (usually after dark). It takes water in the low 60's to get them to hatch during the day.

Jim Dygert - "Gone, gone, gone, my baby's gone, gone, gone. Where'd she go, go, go? I don't know, know, know. Just let her go oh, Oh no, no, no. My baby's gone. " That's all I got, ED S.? Anybody? It's from the mid 60's and definitely not the Chilliwack, but Jim, you get half credit for recognizing that it was a song. We use to sing it in the dorm shower my freshman year.

Dennis - Until the summer sulfurs start, it'll be Invaria, Isos, caddis and stenos, ( think cahills and  pink ladies), olives when the water is cold enough, and an assortment of spinners. And not to knit pick but it was nine landed out of sixteen hooked.

Keith - Do you have an answer for the hatch from hell?

Duke - The rainbows are all wild and have been "native" to the river since the eighteen hundreds.

Ed S. You give me too much credit. I'm not smart enough to use a wading staff. When I saw the stream bottom boulders I looked around at the high water line and laying in amongst the dead cane was a five foot long stick that the beavers had cut to length and eaten the bark off. It can presumably be found where I left it, on a gravel bar in the middle of the river in ten inches of water, weighed down by three rocks so I could use it to get back across the river if I needed to.

Dennis - Without the use of You Tube, do you know the words to N.Diamond's "You're So Sweet?" 

Brian - Asking as one who has more than his share of problems with the pet deer in my yard, are the deer confused by the mono?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!