At Least I Mowed The Lawn.

 

With the lawn soaking wet again this morning I put on my rubber shoes and went out and pruned the broken branches off the apple tree, picked the ripe tomatoes, and climbed the ladder and threw down hundreds of peaches that I wasn't able to reach six weeks ago and which were now breaking branches on the freestone peach trees. Was wringing wet again after less than two hours work. Came in and cleaned up, then sat down and continued my efforts to upgrade my olive box. 

Stopped at 12:00 and left for the Troutfitter Inn where I had reserved a room to watch the USA vs Germany semi final soccer game. Missed the first 30 minutes as the game started at noon, (swear I read that this one was at 12:30). Didn't matter, the first, and only, score didn't come until the 30 minute overtime period. 

The fishing - There's just nothing to say.

The rest of my day? - After the game, I drove up to the red barn where there were TMA'sTC, sulfurs on the water, and rising fish. Drove all the way up to Cold Springs Brook where there were fewer bugs, fewer anglers and fewer rising fish. Said one day at a time, and headed back to Lordville where the grass was dry enough to mow, and I did. At 6:00 I was driving up the PA side with plans to fish the lower WB, when I saw no cars parked at Stockport and I pulled in, suited up and made the walk down to the river and along the river to the white house on the NY side. An hour and a half later I made the same walk in reverse, got in the car at 8:25 and drove back to Lordville. Never saw a bug or a rise. 

Wildlife report - Although I never saw a skunk, I did scare a great blue heron who flew down river ahead of me. In this humid air you'd think you would smell a skunk if he was around , even if you didn't see it.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!