Stay Home And Work On Your ARK.


Unless you just like to get away and watch it rain, stay home. Today was supposed to produce .12 of an inch of rain. Based on what I saw, and fished in, the decimal point should have been moved to the right one place. The ground is saturated, the tribs are gushing muddy water and the worst, (predicted 2.00 to 3.00 inches of rain), is yet to come.

Scheduled my hair cut for 4:00 to coincide with the "dead period" between the mid-day and evening hatches. Arrived in Deposit at 12:30 to find it raining quite hard, with neither bugs nor risers to be seen. Killed time in the Troutfitter with several Troutfitter regulars and watched the rain come down. It let up about three and the sulfurs put their umbrella's away and hatched. The fish fed, and Mike and I suited up and had at 'em.

Was late to my last haircut appointment so I kept close track of the time and was in the Unisex shop at 3:47. Told Vicki that the bugs were hatching and the fish were feeding. She asked, "What does that mean?" I said, " Get me back out on the river", and at 4:05 I was putting my waders back on. Landed six fish, all between 12 and 13 inches. At five, as the hatch was waning, I drove upstream hoping that the colder water upriver would have delayed the hatch even more. There wasn't a fisherman in sight, when I waded in and hooked four rainbows, landing three before things shut down.

While getting out of my vest and waders, I couldn't help but notice two, two year old heifers, (are they still heifers when they are two?), walking down the road towards me. Went to the farm house to let them know but no one was around. Drove over to the Shaffer farm and saw the family out on the porch. Told them about the heifers, and they said they would take care of it. Drove home in the daylight with deer out feeding everywhere.        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!