Wind Knots And Tailing Loops.

 

Left the Lordville Estate a little before 6:30am this morning in order to get to Lafayette in time for the USA vs Japan soccer game. Was happy that the USA won in overtime but disappointed that Japan played a 1- 4-5 low block, which stagnated play.

Darryl B. - Browns feed less on the surface and consume more fish as soon as the major spring hatches come to an end. Some of them continue to eat may flies, especially where hatches are heavy, (the sulfur zone), but by mid June there are far fewer big browns feeding on top.

Jack - If memory serves me, you have asked twice about the algae and I missed the question when doing a WN&TL page earlier. Rest assured the algae is with us again and those fishermen only checking their fly occasionally are probably throwing spinach at the fish most of the time, (and not even fish like spinach). 

Jack - With regard to the ants and beetles question, I have a small box of them and try to remember to bring it if I'm going after bank sippers, but don't use them when I'm fishing away from shore. I know, I know, people catch fish on them all the time. I do put the ant box in my vest about the third week of August.

Bill - Welcome to the blog, hope you enjoy it. Those were kind words whomever you were speaking about. For the record I fished upstream from you, and you left before I did.

Ed S. - The lower river is algae free, but except on special occasions, has little bug activity until dark. I'll be back up in the Sulphur Zone on Monday, no doubt. There were good hatches of sulfurs where I was from noon until 8:30 on Thursday.

Dennis - As associate editor in charge of arranging business meetings, it would be a big help if you were to schedule the sulfur fly review meeting. I'm having enough trouble trying to get a room at the inn to watch the women's soccer team game on Tuesday.    

  

Comments

  1. If you want to fish my backyard go right ahead Joe foster my neighbor 130 River road park in circle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!