Come On Let Me Tell You Where It's At.

 

Thankfully both last night and today turned out to be cooler than what was forecasted. It got into the forty's last night and I took full advantage of the cooler temp this morning to do some heavy duty yard work. Rested up mid-day, tied a half dozen flies, and at three-thirty I set out for the days fishing.

For the past two weeks the fishing has fallen into a routine that for me, is what fishing is all about. I've avoided both the Willow and the Bk because they have been too low and warm. I've avoided the WB because it's now pulling silt out of the reservoir along with the algae and there has been a dearth of bugs and risers there. 

So where have I fished? My time has been divided between the the EB and the BR. I've chosen a new place every day, except for my return to a spot on the EB two days in a row just to prove a point. Some of the places I hadn't fished this year, one I hadn't fished since before covid, the rest I visited in the spring before things heated up in mid June.

How has the fishing been? Good. Not spectacular, but there are once again fish throughout the system. There have been far fewer bugs than are present most years at this time, and consequently fewer rising fish. For the most part the fish I've seen are rainbows three year old and up ranging in size from 15 to 19 inches. Of some concern is the lack of yearling rainbows that should now be about 10/11 inches long. I've caught almost none of them in most of the places I've fished. 

Today - Was more of the same. Fished the EB where I saw almost no bugs or rising fish. Hooked seven fish and landed four. Quit at six-o'clock and decided to drive down 191 back to Lordville. There were people fishing the WB below the 191 bridge. Drove into the parking lot at Shehawken, walked down to the ramp and saw bugs, rising fish and several anglers. A drifter came in who said he had seen neither bugs nor rising fish. When the other anglers moved downstream and the drift boat was hauled away I got my rod out of the car and was able to hook a nice 'bow and a one eyed fifteen inch brown. It was the best hatch of bugs I've seen anywhere in the past two weeks, (most of the bugs floated by unmolested).

The fish are there but if you come and don't blind cast you will be in for a long and boring day.  


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!