Didn't Think I'd Need A Reservation.

 

Finally have something a little different to talk about. Started out at 3:00 with a place I was intending to fish clearly in mind. Pulled into the parking area and there was a guy with his waders on fussing with his equipment in the back of his vehicle. Asked him if he was coming or going? Said he was done, and that he had done very well with the rainbows on little olives and big isos. Told him he beat me to it by a few hours and headed for another spot.

When I got streamside I was treated to the sight of isos in the air and rising fish. Not a lot of isos but enough that you could mark a rising fish, move close enough to make a cast and wait until he rose again before casting. Again, no yearlings, just big fish. Lost three of the first four I hooked, then landed five in a row before losing the last fish. Was back to the car just before six.

Last evening I saw lots of bugs but almost no rising fish. Tonight I found a place where there were plenty of both bugs and rising fish. Most of the fish were 11/12 inches long and a good number of them were the missing 1.5 year old rainbows I've been blathering about. There were fish eating olives all over the river and they weren't looking very closely to see if the olives had hooks in 'em. Only hooked one good fish and he came unstuck with backing running off the reel.

Either the afternoon or the evening fishing would have been a good day but the combo made it  my best day since back on August 22nd.

Note to music aficionados -  Love Freddy Cannon, (when he's in Syracuse he goes to Suburban Park), but, you jumped the gun. If you want someone to tell, (show), you where it's at, better ask the Dave Clark Five, (I Like It Like That).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had To Get Out The Neosporin For The Tooth Cuts On My Index Finger.

Fishing A Cold Blow From Out Of The North.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!