The Next Day They Say, "A Chance Of Light Showers" - Be Here.

 Today was the kind of day fly fishermen live for. It started out a little breezy but the wind settled down and a gentle drizzle made the trout's job of selecting the right fly just a bit tougher. Tired of the crowds up river, I fished two places below Oquaga. Oquaga has dropped below 150cfs and apparently the water temp (on the side away from the warm Oquaga water) now meets the sulfur's requirements because they hatched, Lord did they hatch, and every fish in the river was up feeding on them.

Had three plus hours of fish gulping duns. The percent that made mistakes and ate the wrong fly was far smaller than the percent that readily identified the sulfurs with a hook in them, but if you make enough casts you get a lot of fish to eat the wrong fly. By 6:30 things had quieted down and I left with the intention of doing a number on BR rainbows that were no doubt  going to be feeding on a glut of iso's. Fished from seven until dark on water covered with medium sized olives. Saw very few risers, got three refusals (one of which was indignant) and had a Chamber of Commerce 15 inch brown eat one for the betterment of the tourist industry.

This and that -

1- Had two fishermen recognize me today (it's either the black Toyota 4runner or my camo beret that gives me away). Both were a pleasure to talk with.

2- Have not mentioned A Season On The Delaware once all year, yet sales still magically appear on my Amazon account page. My sincere thanks to all of you who have bought the book.

3- A tip of the cap to those who have jumped in to answer simple inquiries that are best not left until the next WN&TL  segment.

4- My new book "Upgrading Your Game" is at present hopelessly mired by both my technological ineptitude and my desire to fish first, and write later. Does anyone really want me to stop fishing and blog writing so that I can amass a fortune publishing a new book?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.