"Sometimes they just can't seem to get that fly in their mouth".

When I was in college I worked summers at the Syracuse DPW. One of the office workers (who has long since left this world) was a trout fisherman and a commercial fly tyer.  For some reason he took a liking to me and kept me well stocked with flies. On Monday morning he always wanted to know how I  did with the flies he had tied. Very often our fishing results were much the same. When we both had a poor weekend fishing he would say " Isn't it funny, sometimes they just can't seem to get that fly in their mouth".

 

If you haven't already guessed, today was one of those days. I had rising fish in front of me from three 'til seven thirty. Had between ten and twenty fish come up to the fly and say no. At eight o'clock, on a blind cast a fourteen inch rainbow ate my fly and became "fish of the day".

 

If you see Dave at the Troutfitter ask him how he did.  I'll bet he'll say "they couldn't seem to get the fly in their mouth"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.