A Hendrickson Wind

Mother Nature served us a dose of reality today.  After 70 degree weather with light zephers the past few days, the weather returned to near normal and the "Hendrickson Wind" kicked in at 15 to 20 mph from the west making the WB and the Big River the best option for floaters. Those who chose the EB are probably still rowing (it's 9:30 pm)

The cooler weather also put the bugs back on schedule with the caddis hatch more subdued and the Hendrickson's coming off in their usual 3:00 to 4:30 hatch period.

Presentation was a bit of an issue(some casts didn't even land) and finesse was not in the equation.  "Slap'er down" being the order of the day.

With fewer fishermen braving the elements it wasn't hard to find a spot somewhat out of the wind. I had rising trout from 3:00 until 4:30.  If I was smart I would have quit then and gone home happy. I'm not, fished in white caps til the wind died down and then it got cold enough to quell the mating urge in even the most ardent mayfly or
caddis spinner.

Saw a river otter for the second day in a row.  Was about three or four miles further upstream today so I don't know if it was the same one or not.  It was traveling upstream both days so I suppose it could have been the same one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.