Back in the waders again.

Friday night with old friends was great. Got chores done today and decided to pull the plug on the reunion, first one I've missed but I just needed some quiet peaceful time. Decided to return to the fishing camp, finish up some chores and try to catch a fish or two. Did both.

Didn't get here until after four and stopped in Deposit to see what, if anything was up (nothing). Drove down river looking for a place to fish, no room in the inn (it's Saturday after all).

No-kill was filled with boats and wade fishermen, five cars, multiple boats and wade fishermen at the 191 bridge. SEVEN trailers at Shehawken take out. I was on my way to camp when I saw only one truck at Stockport. Decided to give it a try. Met the two anglers with the truck who were walking out. They hadn't seen a thing. Walked downstream to the pool and looked at the water, it was covered with ants! The fish? Couldn't have cared less. I mean there were too many ants to count in each square foot of water and no risers. Towards dark I saw one fish that was coming up every couple of minutes, obviously not eating ants. Put on a steno and when I finally got the fly in front of him he (she really) ate. It was a nice but thin rainbow of 17.5 inches.

It's supposed to really cool down late next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.