If you come down, bring an extra shirt.

Went out again in the morning and tried the lower big east - nothing. Drove over to the Beaverkill and found fish willing to look at/eat iso emergers and spinners. The Beaverkill is low and clear and the fish are not easily fooled. If one doesn't eat, move on.

In the evening I tried two pools in the big river, farther down than I have been fishing. Stay above Buckingham. I hooked one fish in the first pool and saw one fish rise in the second pool.

The weather forecast calls for a big drop in temps, which if it actually occurs, should put an end to thermal stress concerns for this year (it's almost October after all). The browns should begin moving towards their spawning grounds and the rainbows should be moving back to their year round homes after summering in cooler water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.