It beats raking leaves!

The last two days have been good ones. The fall foliage is as beautiful as I have ever seen it.  Syracuse beat up on #17 ranked Virginia Tech.  AND the fish have decided to feed on top!

It's been a long time since I've had consistently rising fish to throw at.  Yesterday was a start, today was better.  Arrived at the stream at 1:30 and found fish going on top. At 6:30 when I reeled it in, they were still going.

The fishing?  At 55 CFS the Beaverkill isn't easy.  An 18 inch drag free float deserves a standing ovation.  A refusal is something to be proud of.  If a fish eats your fly you won the lottery.

It's not Hendrickson time.  These fish have been fished to.  They are nobody's fool.  I got refusals more than twice as many  times as I got eats. BUT I HAD RISING FISH TO FISH TO ALL DAY!!!

They were all quality fish.  The fish I  landed were all between 15 and 17 inches.  A wild brown (there are hatchery fish in the Beaverkill)  and a rainbow (both 17 inches) shared fish of the day.

If you like to fish on top and finesse is your game, put the rake in the shed and drive on down, we'll leave the light on for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.