Last cast saves the day!

It never happened - or  - I was in the wrong place all day.  Never cast to a rising fish.  Saw less than ten rises.  Suffered through two thunderstorms and a temperature drop of about 20 degrees.  Saw almost no big bugs.  The few spinners I did see were drowned by the second "severe T-storm" of the day.

Did have a nice chat with a Troutfitter regular during the first T-boomer.  Said he reads the blog religiously but missed the hint I gave him about a new place for him to try.  T, if you read this don't go there if the Callicoon Gage  is over 1700 cfs.

Spent the last hour of the day blind casting the big river.  When the lightning and  thunder of the second "severe" storm were about 10 seconds apart I made my last cast of the day.  It was eaten by a 19 inch brown that deprived an 8 inch rainbow of being "fish of the day" two years too soon.

If you want to find out how good the fishing really was today read DRC, WBA or even better Baxter House's Ken Tutalo's report, they always get their sports into big fish..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.