Some days are like that.

Buoyed by my success the last two days I again set out for the EB in the morning.  Fished a riff/run where I had success early in the year and had a big zero the second time around.  Today turned out to be sorta in between.  There were no olives (or any other bugs for that matter) nor were there any (alright I saw one) risers. Started with an olive and later switched to an iso.

How'd I do?  In three hours of blind casting I rose 12 fish,  hooked (and landed ) four.  Never got a single one of the refusers to look at a second fly.  Saw one drift boat (courteous) and no other fishermen.

After my mandated rest period I set out to fish the BR.  What was I thinking?  It's Friday and anglers were as thick as maggots on a road side kill, filling up parking lots , rowing upriver in pontoon boats, and carrying kayaks over the RR tracks to launch and paddle across the river (to where I intended to fish).  After three false starts, I pulled the plug and headed back to the "fishless"  EB.

How'd I do?  In two hours of fishing I rose 8 fish, hooked three and landed two.  A few olives hatched but there was no spinner fall. There were no drift boats or other anglers to be seen.

Would you take that kind of day?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.