Your questions, my answers.

Recently I received three questions in the comments section and thought maybe the answers might be helpful to all.

Brian - You aren't the only one who has asked.  I'm not a typist and it's just easier for me to use initials for the rivers.

BK = Beaverkill
BR = Big River, Main Stem, The  Delaware
UEB = The East Branch  from Downsville to East Branch (the Sunoco Station)
BE  = The East Branch below "Jaws" where the BK and the UEB meet
WB =  West Branch from Stilesville to junction pool

Chris - It's not important where, it's how many.  The DEC currently permits anglers to take 5 trout per day over 9 inches on the BK.  When 3 or 4 anglers fish together they can take a lot of fish! The 99% who practice catch and release should have their  share of the rivers protected from those who kill trout.

CZ - If you are a regular reader you know I'm not trying to fill rooms or drift boats.  I tell it the way I see it.  The first two weeks of May were dreadful for me, (and other wade fishermen) since then it has been very good.  The important thing for everyone to understand is that there are rising fish somewhere in the system every hour of the day.  Yes, the last half hour of daylight is usually very good but the key to success on any river system is knowing what is hatching, when and where and when and where the spinners are falling and to be there. I leave the camp expecting to see and fish to rising fish all the while I'm out.  I fished two places today and six places yesterday.  Left home Sunday with a full tank of gas and refilled today (and I have a fair idea of what is hatching and where).  If you leave your home knowing where you are going to park your car and fish you are missing out on most of the best fishing the Delaware offers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.