A better place to be, (during monsoon season).

Stopped at camp yesterday.  All the rivers were much clearer than they were on Wednesday.  That said, they were all too high for wade fishing.

Received an invitation from a friend to fish the South Holston and after mowing the camp lawn I drove 9 hours south on 81, bought a Tennessee fishing license and went fishing.  The "SoHo" is a TVA tailwater that is just full of fish from yearlings to fish of over 30 inches.  I've fished it perhaps a dozen times and have yet to catch a fish over 16 inches.

There were sulfurs on the water today and I had a quarter mile of the river to myself (except for a constantly squawking Heron who apparently felt I was invading his water.  The river is fished quite heavily and the fish are nobody's fools but there are so many of them most people don't even bother to cast to rises. I fished from about two until eight and lost track of how many fish I caught.  The fish ranged in size from 9.5 to 12.5 inches and the browns are the most beautifully colored trout I have ever seen.

Saw that the Delaware is under another flood watch with the WB and BK already starting to rise.  The "SoHo" is running gin clear at about 400 CFS.  If Nascar fans hadn't taken every motel room within 50 miles (race is at Bristol this weekend), I'd tell y'all to come on down and join the fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.