You know it don't come easy!

It has been an overcast day with a mist/light rain all afternoon.  It might have produced a good olive hatch somewhere but I didn't see it.  Fished two places in the UEB and did nor fare well.  First place had a few olives in water that was ice cold and difficult to wade.  Saw a few splashy rises and got three fish to come to the fly. Two ate one said no thanks. 

Tried lower down the UEB in a pool where I could see a pod of rising fish through the heavy fog.  They were feeding on ants but paid no attention to my offerings.  To add insult to injury the pod consumed half a dozen olives while just moving out of the way of the one I floated by them.

Looked at a pool on the BK that was also covered with ants - saw nary a rise.  Two stops on the EB also failed to produce a rising fish although I did see a few olives at both places.

Last stop was at Junction Pool where the fog was so heavy I could barely see across the river.  There were no risers in sight. Just as I turned to head back to the car it started to rain - hard.  Called it a day and headed back to camp and lit a fire.

There were several fishermen on the UEB and I saw one on the BK.  Wade fishermen need it to stop raining and for NYC to feel comfortable in reducing the release levels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.