Take heart - meadow mushrooms are starting to poke up out of grassy lawns.

It's now been a month since I posted the picture of the twenty inch brown that ate a cahill on the Big River.  Haven't caught another fish in the big river since.  In fact I haven't been able to get into the big river or almost any other part of the Delaware system for the last month.  Right now you can wade some of the Bk and a few spots in the BEB.

My plans for tomorrow are to drive down to camp for the sole purpose of trying  to cut my lawn (it's been 17 days).  I washed my fishing vest last night and may not put it on again this season.  I'm a dry fly guy and the thought of putting everything back in the vest to fish pseudos on the BK or UEB at current levels is not a compelling one.

As you well know both the WB and EB releases are maxed out.  This coupled with tributary runoff makes both streams virtually unwadeable.  The big river at something around 4,300 CFS is also unsafe for wading by even the most adventuresome anglers.  The BK which usually offers good fall pseudo fishing at levels around 100 to 200 CFS is at about 650.  If the current weather pattern continues and water levels remain abnormally high my fishing is over for the year.

Before I close shop for the season, I'll do a review of 2018 which I'm quite sure will turn out to be (at least for me) the worst year since the 2006 flood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.