The seven day weekend.

With a four day weekend coming up I thought that the early part of the week would be quiet. Was I ever wrong. There was an unending string of drift boats, kayaks, pontoon boats and every other imaginable kind of personal floatation device on the WB Tuesday. Every pool on the UE had multiple fishermen in it. It was a cloudy overcast day that should have been good but the sulfurs didn't come in their usual numbers and the tiny olives that were on the WB didn't excite the trout who were busy dodging oars, anchors and fishermen's feet all day long. There were more boat trailers at Balls Eddy takeout than cars at the Tops Market parking lot in Hancock.

The fishing? Not good. For a week or so around Memorial Day weekend the river system produced some of the best fishing I've ever seen. It then settled into a pattern a steady good fishing which ended for me (a wade fisherman) when the rains came and the reservoirs overflowed. The high waters again limited access and the fishing went from good to fair. With the water levels back to normal and the summer sulfurs hatching I expected a pickup in the fishing. At least on Tuesday it didn't happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.