At no extra cost to you, a Sunday report.

With my wife down in Florida visiting our daughter and granddaughter I hustled through my to do list back home and got back to the camp in time to spend the evening scouting out a couple of pools on the big river down near the camp. One had a few fish but is overlooked by a house in which a fisherman resides. He has made the fish difficult to catch. They look at every fly with their bifocals before eating.

The second pool is one of my favorites. Couldn't fish it during the bug hatches this spring because of the high water. If there are any trout in it at present they sure didn't let me see them. Did hook two smallmouths. The second of which ate late in the evening, jumped and fooled me into thinking he was a trout.

In the last three days the water temps have dropped to comfortable fishing levels on all of the streams, BUT, if the fish have moved at all it's not very far. Wait for the first good rain that significantly raises the rivel levels before looking for fish in the thermally stressed portions of the river system.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.