I wasn't up to the task.

Opted out of the morning fishing to take advantage of the "cool" morning air to do yard work. By 11:00 I was soaking wet and dead tired. A long time neighborhood friend walked over just as I was quitting to say hello after spending a week in the hospital with congestive heart failure. We had a nice chat and before I new it it was noon. Cleaned up, had lunch and decided to read a book rather than go fishing in the bright sun and heat.

About 4:30 I headed up to the UE to look for the sulfur/olive hatch. Instead of bugs I found fishermen, at least one in every pool I wanted to fish. Did a uie and headed for the lower WB. fished a fast run for about 45 minutes without seeing a bug hatch or a fish rise. reeled it in and went to the BR. Temp when I got into the river was 70.4. Waded out a little further and got 68. Decided to stay and give it a try. There were next to no bugs or rising fish. Hooked three rainbows and landed but one, got refused on a variety of flies and returned to the car in the dark, soaked in sweat.

If you plan on fishing while it's still this hot stay up close to the dams, at least there will be bugs, rising fish and you'll be comfortable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.