Never rose a fish.

With the last day of my "regular season" at hand I had planned on fishing the Lordville riff.  It is the "home pool" after all. When I arrived on the scene someone else was already there. Got back in the car and drove up river on the  PA side.  It wasn't nearly as crowded as last Friday but there were still both drift boats and fishermen at all the usual places.

Decided to drive on up the WB and say goodbye to a friend that gives me river access at his place. He wasn't home. Sat down by the muddy river for twenty minutes to see if he returned. Never saw a bug or a rise. Drove from there up to the Troutfitter Shop in Deposit where Dave was getting ready to close the door. He said the shop had had a busy day after a slow week and that the rooms had been filled last night and tonight. They will be open through the 15th of October. Never did don my waders.

This week has been  the poorest fishing for me since back in April. There are still rising fish but I don't enjoy fishing to the same fish more than once a week and well, there just isn't  enough good fishing right now to keep me interested. A good steady rain that raises river levels and freshens things up will get me back in a hurry but for now I'm going home and get ready for archery season.

As I have done in the past I am again  asking for any comments you may have for ways to improve the reports.

I'd also like to thank those of you who have taken the time to leave comments during the year, reading an  "atta-boy" always brightens my day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.