The reprise.

Thursday was special.  Walked into an open spot in a crowded WB and caught fish, lots of 'em.  In the evening I fished a place on the EB that hadn't treated me well in three previous visits and knocked 'em silly.  It will be my best day of the year.

Friday morning, full of confidence, I tried a pool on the BR, well below the Buckingham put in.  There were no bugs and no risers. In the afternoon I fished the WB a little farther downstream than the prior day, saw almost no bugs and again no risers. By 6:30 I had not cast to a rising fish.

Drove along the EB and Bk (where I filled my water jugs at a nice roadside spring) and never saw a rise. Continued my journey up the UEB where there were fishermen in most of the pools (only two cars at Long Flat and four at power line).  Fishermen formed a picket fence along the far side of the Shinhoppel pool, (where perhaps the DEC made a recent stocking??). Finally stopped at a pool with no fishermen and promptly saw two rises.

For two hours there were rising fish in front of me and while they didn't all eat what I threw, enough of them did to make it a very good night.

Please note - as I write this it's 5:00 pm on Saturday and the BR, BK and BE  are all over 70 degrees.  Be sure to check temps before fishing any of them tomorrow.  The fish have taken a pounding the last couple of weeks and deserve to be left alone when the water temp is at 70 or above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.