Buckhorns, pumpkin caddis and tricos

First of all I'd like to thank ED S., Dennis, Maxwell, Dick, Jim and Jim V. for their reports from the river and/or their kind words. 

Marty - The entire procedure took twenty minutes with little to no soreness or swelling.  Truly amazing.

The head of Buckhorn already had three cars too many when I drove by. There were tricos no doubt but you won't find me fishing tricos in that kind of a crowd.

Dennis - There are two fall caddis that I'm aware of - the October a/k/a pumpkin caddis that I'm told crawls up on land to hatch and the little brown caddis that spend Sept. and Oct. flying upstream in the evening but never fall.

As to the trico hatch - Where the hatches are prolific you can fish the duns early in the morning.  On the Delaware you need to fish the spinner fall which occurs in the morning when the air temp reaches about 69 degrees. Look for them over riffs in the warmer sections of the river.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.