The nadir is in the rear view mirror.

Spending most of my time in the bustling metropolis of downtown Lordville it's easy to find myself "out of the loop".  Needed a couple of little parts for my bow so I stopped at Walmart and Dick's, only to find that neither carry archery equipment or guns any more.  Not to worry, the archery pro shop in Tully is only a short bit out of the way on my return trip to the river. Turned out when I got there that they are closed on Mondays.  Got here in time to mow the lawn and then head out seeking revenge and retribution after last weeks performance.

With the cool air temps over the weekend the BR was in good shape to fish.  Picked a couple of places  in the upper middle section of the river where some fish might have spent the summer and where some fish might have moved back home.  There were bugs, (isos, olives, Ephron's and Hebes).  There were some rising fish and for tonight at least there were no other fishermen.

The fishing - If tonight was any indication, we've passed the nadir.  I cast at rising fish that acted like they had never seen a fly with a hook in it and also cast at fish that clearly had. Some takes were savage, unfortunately for each savage take there was an equally savage attempt to set the hook.  Some fish refused my offerings and some didn't even bother to acknowledge my presence.  Lost more than I landed.  Didn't matter, it was fall fishing and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Before you cancel important meetings, take a personal day or call in sick, know this - there weren't many fish in either pool.  There weren't a lot of the bugs.  The last half hour nothing happened.  But it's started, a week of cool temps, a few rainy days, consistent nights with lows in the 50's will really get things going. Stay tuned. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.