Game called on account of rain.

 Knowing full well that my raincoat is hanging up in the cellar back home, I checked the hourly weather forecast for Hancock. "No rain until after midnight", it said. Left for Deposit at 5:30 hoping to again find fish feeding on olives. By the time I got to the Troutfitter it was raining so hard I didn't even get out of the car.  When it let up a little I ducked into the shop to see if I could borrow a raincoat. David didn't have his there. Headed towards a place where I could fish within 50 yards from the car only to find the road blocked because a tree had knocked down the power lines. The rain then picked up in intensity.  Finally realized that it just wasn't meant to be and headed back to the Lordville Estate where I can spend some more time looking for the size 20 olive that I tied and then dropped on the braided rug where it remained hidden for my full ten minute search this afternoon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.