Wind knots and tailing loops.

It's been two weeks since the last question and answer session. Didn't write one last week as I answered  Dennis and Paul's questions about the BK and water levels as the week went on. 

Dennis also asked, Why no risers when the sulfurs are hatching?  Wish I knew. I do know high pressure inhibits rising. There is probably also an energy expenditure vs nutritional return ratio that the trout work out. When they eat tricos they sit  just below the surface and sip 'em in. You seldom if ever see good trico fishing in high water.  The last two weeks with over 1500 cfs coming down the WB probably made eating sulfurs in the heavy water a weight losing proposition (which is why you found the fish sipping sulfurs  in the tailout at the Red Barn).

Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences while fishing  the river as well as memories that may have been stirred by my ramblings.  It's much more fun for me to read of someone else's experiences than to reread mine in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.