BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO



Arrived back in Florida from the annual bone fishing trip on the 10th. Packed up and headed back north on the 12th. It’s the 16th and I’m in the process of opening up the “Lordville Estate”. It appears that the refrigerator and hot water heater (both entering their 31st year), may well out  last me as they both started up as soon as I plugged them in.


Last fall when I wrote the “ Adios” page I said that my pen was running out of ink. At the time it

was my feeling that the blog was becoming stale. Perhaps it was due to the fact that the high water from early July right through the end of the season left me with very few fishing options which in turn led to a dearth of new information to provide fodder for blog pages. The second possibility is that after seven years of writing blog pages, I have just run out of things to say. I’ve told you everything I know about catching fish in the Delaware River system and I have little appetite for filling pages with weather reports and stream flow levels.


I started the blog seven years ago with the hope of bringing attention to Dave and Rick’s Troutfitter Shops in Syracuse and Deposit. The shops are well established and there is  probably a serious question as to whether the blog now helps or hurts their business. The second reason for doing the blog was my desire to give back to the sport which has given me a lifetime of pleasure. Hopefully a few of you have learned something that has made you better fishermen.


 At 79 I'm a year away from my long term goal of being able to wade trout streams at 80. I have a desire to spend some time this year revisiting some of the streams that I fished during my first forty years. The visits may prove disappointing and of short duration but I won’t know ‘til I go. Perhaps I’ll find that fishing the Delaware and writing the blog is more to my liking than a journey down memory lane. For now though, “The Angler 119 Delaware River fishing reports” will probably at best be sporadic and intermittent. Sadly, by not writing the blog, I will be parting ways with those of you who have contributed your comments over the years. You are friends I haven’t met yet. If you see me on the river, please stop and say hello.


If I’m back on the river fishing full time the reports may magically reappear (old habits are hard to break). But for now, a big thanks to those of you whose comments played a major role in making the blog a success and good luck to everyone trying to fool those Delaware River trout.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.